Friday, May 29, 2009

Dr. Jud Newborn's reflections


Pierre's words bring out the deeds and, with a nod to Pierre, the spiritual weapons of Frank Littell for me. I've communicated mostly with Marcie, to whom I send heartfelt condolences. But, in the midst of pursuing my various
projects on the White Rose - not only resistance heroes but among the great Christian martyrs
 - I realize I have missed out on what might have been the
great gift of knowing Frank personally.  I have his writings, though and those live on, don't they, Marcie?  I'm taking about, "The Crucifixion of the Jews" to re-read, and to tell others to do the same.

With condolences, admiration and warmth,
Jud

Jud Newborn, PhD
Special Projects Curator, Cinema Arts Centre (LI)
Founding Historian/Curator, NY's Museum of Jewish Heritage (1986-2000)
Author, SOPHIE SCHOLL AND THE WHITE ROSE
Lecturer: SPEAKING TRUTH TO POWER (dramatic multimedia presentation, based
on book)

No comments:

Post a Comment